Property in Thailand on Thailand-Real.Estate
Real estate for sale in Thailand on Thailand-Real.Estate is an affordable opportunity to invest money in liquid and profitable housing and find an ideal home for relocation or holidays. This country in Southeast Asia, especially its capital Bangkok annually attracts about 20 million tourists from all over the world. Many choose this region with a comfortable climate, amazing landscapes and the opportunity to relax on pristine beaches as a place for long-term residence. Therefore, properties in Thailand are in demand all year round.
Thailand has many locations for a comfortable lifestyle. Apart from Bangkok, the most famous destinations are Pattaya and Phuket. These are popular tourist destinations with numerous luxury resorts. You can also buy private property in Thailand. Other popular spots are Koh Samui and Krabi. These well-developed areas offer amenities for all tastes: beautiful nature, fantastic beaches, golf courses, beauty salons, authentic cuisine, architectural monuments, museums and numerous outdoor activities.
Property prices in Thailand
The property cost in Thailand in 2023 starts from $100,000. However, prices depend on the type of the property and its living space. A number of other factors that may affect the price include:
- housing location;
- proximity to the sea;
- window views;
- number of bedrooms;
- amenities in the residential project.
Modern condominiums include a wide range of additional amenities, including fitness centers, sports grounds and tennis courts, access to a private beach, swimming pools, saunas, and children's play areas. The more comfortable the housing is, the higher its cost is.
A villa in this country can be purchased for $250,000. At such prices, you can buy a small house a bit further from the beach while a spacious villa with a private pool and private garden can cost up to $1 million.
Properties for sale in Thailand for foreigners
Apartments in Thailand are sold to foreigners when local residents own more than 51% of the property in a condominium. Foreign property hunters are allowed to buy the remaining 49% of units. Therefore, it is more profitable to purchase off-plan housing since you have more chances to be one of 49% of foreigner property owners.
Buyers can choose between off-plan and move-in ready Thailand properties as well as secondary housing. It is allowed to purchase all types of residential real estate in the country:
- studio apartments;
- spacious apartments;
- simplexes and duplexes;
- townhouses and villas.
High demand for new development projects in Thailand, the construction of which was suspended during the pandemic, has led to a shortage of available properties.
Foreigners can buy freehold and leasehold housing in Thailand. Nationals of other countries are not allowed to own land, so a house or villa with a land plot can be leased for a long term, which can be extended in the future. The leasehold option does not limit the owner's rights to own and dispose of housing. The owner has a right to resell or rent it out.
Investment real estate in Thailand
There are several reasons for buying real estate in Thailand for investment and relocation:
- A steadily developing economy of the country and a growing population, which makes housing in demand and attractive for investment;
- Developed infrastructure, including transport links, medical institutions, international schools and other amenities necessary for a comfortable life;
- Affordable prices. Although the market is actively developing, the entry threshold is still not too high;
- A large selection of housing units for all budgets and goals;
- year-round tourist season, slightly decreasing only during the monsoon period;
- High ROI rates. Before the start of the pandemic, in some regions it reached 10–15%. With the recovery of the tourist flow, the figures are recovering to the pre-pandemic level.
Investment property can ensure you not only rental income but you can also gain profit when reselling it. Housing grows in price every year, so investing property for sale in Thailand allows you to save money from inflation and increase it. With a short-term strategy, you can have the highest ROI when buying an off-plan unit. Apartments at the start of sales are considerably cheaper than after handover.
Buying property in Thailand
Our property database offers residential and commercial real estate for sale in Thailand from trusted developers and local estate agencies. We constantly update our housing collection to ensure you only up-to-date information. With our easy-to-use search system, you select housing by type, location, cost and many other parameters. You can view the prices in dollars and euros. On Thailand-Real.Estate, you can quickly select the right type of property and buy a house in Thailand from a trustworthy seller. Check out the latest deals today.