Property in Thailand on Thailand-Real.Estate
Thailand-Real.Estate ensures real estate from developers and trusted agencies in Thailand. Buy your dream home with our team of property experts. Real estate in Thailand on Thailand-Real.Estate is an ideal solution for those who are thinking of purchasing an overseas home for relocation or investment.
Real Estate for sale in Thailand
Thailand-Real.Estate offers a wide variety of property options in Thailand - from residential to commercial.
Our collection includes:
- rooms and studios;
- apartments in condominiums;
- new housing projects in Thailand;
- detached houses;
- commercial property.
Buying property in Thailand by foreigners
Thailand is a multifaceted country. It is a popular holiday and relocation destination. Some property hunters choose Thailand for property investment. But whether you are buying a buy-to-live or buy-to-let property in Thailand, you need to know all the details about the process of buying and renting housing in this country.
It is important to know that property in Thailand for foreigners is available for sale only in designated areas. Non-residents are not allowed to buy but have the right to purchase a property without the land it is built on. The transaction is made with an amendment to the restrictions on the registration of property rights. In Thailand, there are two forms of property ownership available for foreigners, depending on where the property is located:
- freehold - purchase and full ownership of the property, available only in specially designated freehold zones;
- leasehold - a long-term lease with a 30-year agreement and the right to further extend.
Real estate market in Thailand
In 2021, Thailand is gradually recovering from the consequences of the crisis caused by the coronavirus pandemic. After reduction of the country's GDP in 2020 by 6.6% comparing to 2019, the Bank of Thailand (BOT) expects its further growth by 3.2% and 4.8% in 2021 and 2022, respectively.
Demand in the Thai housing market is growing. It is supported by the sales figures as by the end of 2021, they had risen by 7.5% from 97,103 properties sold in October to 105,045 properties sold in November. Using this data, analysts predict that the sector will have fully recovered by 2023 and not by 2027 as it was expected before. An important factor for this is international tourism, which is gradually returning to the kingdom. This became possible thanks to the mass vaccination of the country's population, the ease of quarantine measures and the recently launched Phuket Sandbox program. In addition, foreigners can buy property remotely, which also fuels home sales.
Buy real estate in Thailand
Non-residents can buy an apartment in Thailand in a condominium - a residential complex with a jointly owned territory. If the property is a villa, then it is registered in the ownership, and the land - in a long-term lease. The long-term lease contract is registered with the Land Department of Thailand which guarantees the inviolability of the property for up to 90 years.
According to the legislation of the Kingdom of Thailand, foreign homeowners cannot apply for a residence permit. However, they can apply for a long-term visa under the Thailand Elite program. You can get the detailed information about the program on Thailand-Real.Estate.
Thailand property prices
Property prices in Thailand in 2022 depend on their location, type and size:
- 1-bedroom apartment in the city center - $ 558/ m²;
- 1-bedroom apartment outside the city center - $ 278/ m²;
- 3-bedroom apartment in the center - $ 2,207/ m²;
- 3-bedroom apartment outside the city center - $ 972/ m².
- 1-bedroom apartment in the city center - $ 345/ m²;
- 1-bedroom apartment outside the city center - $ 313/ m²;
- 3-bedroom apartment in the center - $ 1,038/ m²;
- 3-bedroom apartment outside the city center - $ 784/ m².
- 1-bedroom apartment in the city center - $ 414/ m²;
- 1-bedroom apartment outside the city center - $ 256/ m²;
- 3-bedroom apartment in the center - $ 816/ m²;
- 3-bedroom apartment outside the center - $ 570/ m².
Thailand-Real.Estate offers verified property for sale in Thailand. You can check out real-time prices in dollars and euros in our daily updated property database or you can contact our team for more detail.
Investment property in Thailand
Housing in this country is not only a great holiday destination but it also can be a source of income. Investors are more likely to invest in real estate in Thailand than in real estate in any other Asian country. There are several reasons for this:
- Thailand's strategic location in the heart of Southeast Asia. The kingdom borders four other countries and serves as an important business centre.
- The capital of the kingdom is just one-hour flight from Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos and Myanmar. In this region, Thailand plays the role of the main international gateway.
- Thailand's location provides easy access to cheap labor as well as an additional 200 million consumers.
- The relatively low cost of housing.
For buyers with high purchasing power, the beginning of 2022 is the best time for investing in real estate in Thailand as a second home or a long-term investment.
The reasons for this include:
- Still relatively low home prices due to the market weakened by the coronavirus pandemic;
- Attractive mortgage interest rates;
- Government policy to reduce property transfer fees, adopted in 2021;
- Simplified rules for obtaining mortgages by foreigners.
We will help you to buy real estate in Thailand at the best price!
Check out Thailand-Real.Estate for new apartments in Thailand and plenty of other real estate offers in Thailand from trusted developers and agencies, as well as current property prices. Our experienced specialists will guide you through the buying process, help with applying for Thai citizenship and answer all your questions.